Travel more confidently,knowing you are covered if the unexpected happens
What do you need to do to enroll in this program?
Absolutely nothing! As long as you are an active FMCA member, you are covered.
FMCAssist is emergency medical evacuation and repatriation coverage available to members worldwide as long as you are more than 75 miles from home. If you are a full-time RVer, you are always considered 75 miles from home. FMCAssist services are also available to members when traveling abroad. Some exclusions and limitation amounts pertain to these benefits.
UNDERSTAND THIS GREAT BENEFIT!
For medical referrals, evacuation, repatriation, vehicle return or other services please contact our travel assistance provider.
FMCA Members Say it Best!
Click the button below to read the FMCAssist, Medical Emergency and Travel Assistance Program Success Stories.
Join FMCA today and automatically be covered by FMCAssist (over $200 value)!
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to download and print a copy of the FAQs.
What is FMCAssist?
FMCAssist is emergency medical evacuation and repatriation coverage available to active FMCA members who experience a medical event and are no longer able to continue their travels. FMCA members must be 75 or more miles from home to qualify. Full-time RVers are always considered 75 or more miles from home. FMCAssist services are also available to members when traveling abroad. Some exclusions and limitation amounts pertain to these benefits.
What number do I call for FMCAssist and what are the hours of operation?
For medical referrals, evacuation, repatriation, vehicle return, or others services please contact our travel assistance provider (877) 352-0785 (Inside the USA); (877) 350-3532 (Canada); (202) 659-7803 (Outside the USA Collect); or email
How much does FMCAssist cost?
There is no additional cost for FMCAssist coverage. As long as you are an active FMCA member, you are covered. Other travel and medical evacuation programs can cost $200 or more!
When should I call FMCAssist?
- Always contact 9-1-1 first in any emergency
- Anytime a physician has advised that you or your covered family member is in need of emergency medical transportation
- Anytime you or your covered family member has been admitted as an inpatient at a hospital, or anytime you feel you may need future assistance with transportation due to a medical situation
- Anytime you have general questions about your coverage and the services available through FMCAssist
What happens when I call FMCAssist?
- If immediate assistance is required, our travel assistance provider will request that you provide your name and FMCA member number (ex 123456) in order to take the next necessary actions
- Their team will obtain details of your current situation and add a notation to your profile
- If assistance is not required immediately, our travel assistance provider will ask you to call back if/when assistance becomes necessary
- Their team will answer any questions you have about your coverage benefits
What is FMCAssist unable to do?
- FMCAssist is NOT medical coverage and will not pay your medical bills
- FMCAssist will not perform medical management or provide guidance to your treating physician(s)
- FMCAssist will not discuss or coordinate medical insurance coverage or medical benefits
- FMCAssist will not coordinate roadside assistance (you may have other coverage for this service)
- FMCAssist will not discuss your medical condition or transportation arrangements with your family members, friends, or any other member of FMCA unless specifically authorized by you
What services are provided as part of the FMCAssist program?
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Return Home
- Family Travel Expense
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Return of Dependent Children
- Recreational Vehicle/RV Return (limited to trips in North America only)
- Return of Private Passenger Automobile (limited to trips in North America only)
- Pet Return
- Prescription Medication and Glasses Replacement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
- Emergency Cash and Emergency Room Cash Benefits
Sign in to view the Full Schedule of Benefits. All coverage and plan costs listed are in U.S. Dollar amounts. All benefits are offered worldwide unless otherwise noted.
|Allianz Travel -
|Air Ambulance Card
|Included with your
|Medical Evacuation &
|Family Travel Expense
|Return of Mortal Remains
|Return of Dependent Children
|RV Return *
|Private Passenger Automobile Return *
|Prescription Medication &
|Accidental Death &
|Emergency Cash and
Emergency Room Cash Benefits
|Physicians/Nurses on Staff
|Locate Local Facilities
(unless otherwise noted)
considered 75 miles
|up to age 75
|up to age 74
Effective as of October 14, 2019. The following is based upon a general overview of available information. Plans may vary depending upon the particular individual or family covered.
*RV Return and Automobile return limited to trips in North America.
This information is a brief description of the important features of this insurance plan. Insurance described herein offered by Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA). Insurance underwritten and provided by Federal Insurance Company and its U.S. based Chubb underwriting company affiliates or network partners. Chubb is the marketing name used to refer to subsidiaries of Chubb Limited providing insurance and related services. For a list of these subsidiaries, please visit our website at www.chubb.com. All products may not be available in all states. This communication contains product summaries only. Coverage is subject to the language of the policies as actually issued. Chubb, 202 Hall's Mill Road, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-1600.
Travel assistance services (TAS) are administered by AXA Partners and Crisis24, a GardaWorld Company. Neither of these third-party companies are affiliated with Chubb. This information provides you with a brief outline of the services available to you. These services are not insured benefits. To the extent these services or any advance payments are not included in the program, covered persons will be responsible for payment. All services are arranged and approved by Chubb with the TAS Provider. For emergency or life-threatening situations, contact your local emergency service or proceed to the nearest hospital.