Identity theft occurs when someone possesses or uses your name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit card account number, or other identifying information without your knowledge with the intent to commit fraud or other crimes. Identity theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes in America.
The financial services industry has addressed the problem in several ways, one of which is through the development of identity theft protection products and services. These services typically cost $10 to $18 per month. However, because FMCA is able to keep its costs very low, members can purchase My Privacy Matters, one of the most comprehensive plans available, at a significant savings.
For a low monthly fee, it includes the following:
Identity Theft Prevention
- Free computer software, including Panda firewall, antivirus, and antispyware.
Identity Theft Detection
- Daily credit monitoring* and daily online activity alerts — offline alerts are available monthly.
- Instant online access to your triple bureau credit reports* and your TransUnion Credit Score. When you view your credit report, it does not negatively impact your credit score.
- Easy access to your Social Security reports.
*Credit information provided by TransUnion Interactive Inc.
Identity Theft Restoration
- Counseling or full restoration services — an experienced identity restoration specialist assigned to restore the member’s identity and credit record back to pre-theft status should they become a victim of identity theft. The customer can choose either turnkey service or a counseling-only option.
Identity Theft Fraud Insurance Coverage
- Up to $25,000 ($100 deductible) identity fraud expense reimbursement insurance provided as a bonus at no extra cost to the member. Insurance coverage is underwritten by Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America and its property casualty affiliates, Hartford, Connecticut 06183-9062. Coverage for all claims or losses depends on actual policy provisions. Availability of coverage can depend on Travelers' underwriting qualifications and state regulations.
The regular retail price of the My Privacy Matters Identity Theft Protection Plan is $12.95 per month, with an additional $5 monthly fee to cover the individual’s spouse. For FMCA members, the cost is $9.90 ($11.90 w/spouse) the first month and $4.95 per month ($6.95 w/ spouse) thereafter.
The My Privacy Matters identity theft program is a perfect way for you to protect your credit rating and your good name. Should you fall prey to an identity thief, the program will provide you with expert assistance to help you recover.
For more information, call FMCA’s Member Services Department at (800) 543-3622 or (513) 474-3622; or, e-mail
. Ask for an Identity Theft Protection Plan brochure and application.
My Privacy Matters Identity Theft Protection Plan — Enroll Now
Enroll online — individuals
Enroll online — Individual and spouse
Identity Theft Protection Plan enrollment form (PDF)
MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT DISCLOSURE: FMCA Member Benefits are subject to change, including the discontinuation of any particular benefit, at any time and without prior notice. FMCA assumes no liability for damages, either direct or consequential, to any person or organization as a result of the use of services offered to members. All benefits may not be available in all states and foreign countries.